Thursday, February 7, 2019

That other time I made a TV show...

Hey Nerds!

So it seems a few of you liked me posting the comic book thing.  It was a really cool experience seeing my project go from concept to comic, at the time there weren't nearly as many publishers as there are now and the ones that I wanted to work with wouldn't return my calls and the ones I should have been working with didn't want to do comic books about superheroes, which is cool but in hindsight a little frustrating.  I sort of attacked the goal backwards, I should've gone to a publisher first, gotten in with them slightly, then made the book with them in mind and gone from there, but hey 25 year old me couldn't be told anything, he was a wrecking ball in all the most eager of ways.  Anyways about a year and a half ago I made a pilot for a television show, things were going great at Nerd Thug and we were developing a partnership with an unnamed local station and they basically told me I could give them anything I wanted and they would air it free of charge, so I shot a pilot with the intention of getting sponsors to pay the people involved for their hard work and time and then shooting a season and then going from there.  I honestly don't ever remember taking a meeting with any sponsors and don't think much happened past the pilot getting made, because by the time it was all said and done that moment had kind of passed.  I enjoyed it and shout out to everyone involved they were so generous with their time and talent and I truly appreciate it.  Anyway here's the link...

Boners.

No comments:

Post a Comment