Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Fast Food on a Platter

Hey Nerds!!

So one thing I love about being a nerd is finding new things in the pop culture, and learning new mythos and things.  Not everything is for me, but I love finding out.  Yesterday on the show we talked about some things we can't really get into as nerds.  Check it out!

WHAT AM I WATCHING?

So in the vein of seeking new things, I like to watch youtube "trailer" videos, where it's like all the movies coming from a studio over the next six months and it's just trailer after trailer, sometimes there's some real gems in there.  It's how I discovered "Upgrade" which was interesting, but was a little too dark for my liking and the person I brought to see it thought it was TERRIBLE, but I liked it.  Anyway, this is how I discovered what I watched this week, "Kin".  An adopted boy finds an alien gun in an abandoned building and his older brother gets out of jail, these two stories collide in a fantastic coming of age story, it's subtle, there's a lot of cool shots in the movie, the way the two worlds collide is really cool.  It's a low key sci-fi movie and I loved it.  Trust me on this one, check out Kin.

No comments:

Post a Comment